Saturday, September 29, 2012

Regarding Savage Hawkman #0...

DCBS, the online mail order service from which I get my comics, has changed their shipping policy. They used to ship after the final Wednesday of the month. This was perfect for Savage Hawkman, because the book shipped in the fourth week, so there wasn't too much time between release and my receipt of it. Now, however, they have asked all of their subscribers to switch their ship week. For me, they are shipping after the first Wednesday of the month. What this means is that there is an extra week's delay between the release of the new issue and it shipping to me. I know I am not the most timely reviewer, but this will cause another delay. Of course, in this case it does mean that I get another week to finish my review of Savage Hawkman #12...

2 comments:

Count Drunkula said...

That sucks that they switched the shipping on you. I splurged to buy all of the zero issues from DCBS and had them shipped weekly and my books from the last Wednesday did ship that week. I got them on Friday. I haven't read SAVAGE HAWKMAN #0 yet, but I will soon and look forward to your eventual review.

Ryan Daly

Diabolu Frank said...

I love getting my comics delivered, but this is the downside. I had a similar cock-up put an end to my prompt reviews of Stormwatch, except in reverse. For a few months, an altered schedule sent it to me early, but the restored status quo had me waiting five weeks per issue.