Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting In The Wings -- 8/22/2012

It's the fourth Wednesday of the month, so you know what that means, folks...

The Savage Hawkman #12 -- It's been a full year since the new Hawkman title started, and what a long strong trip it has been.  Fresh off battling the fanatical St. Bastion, Hawkman now has to face the deadly operative known as Pike, who believes it is his destiny to kill the Winged Wonder.  Joe Bennett and company have been absolutely knocking the art out of the park, and Rob Liefeld is delivering straightforward and fun superheroics in a high energy manner.  I am champing at the bit to read the next installment of this saga as we lead into the big "Hawkman: Wanted" storyline.  It drives me a little crazy that I have to wait until next week (or perhaps the week afterwards) when my box from DCBS arrives to get my hands on it!

No comments: