Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Waiting In The Wings -- 1/25/2012

The Savage Hawkman #5 -- It's Hawkman versus the Gentleman Ghost and an army of the undead! Sounds like a "can't miss" to me! You can check out the preview right here.

Hawkman by Geoff Johns Omnibus v.1 -- This tome collects Hawkman v.4:no.1-25, plus JSA #56-58 and Hawkman Secret Files. I have all of these issues in trade already, but if I can find a good price on this I will pick it up just to 1) have everything in one book and 2) support the idea of Hawkman Omnibuses (Omnibi?). In any event I very much enjoyed most of these issues so I heartily recommend this collection to someone wanting to get a big chunk of modern Hawkman stories to read (along with JSA v.3, "The Return of Hawkman").

1 comment:

Mr P said...

Between my fondness for the classic character, the distasteful looking image on the cover of issue 6, Mr. Daniel's comments about how this character is not a ghost and "anything but a gentleman", and my general dislike of the last four issues, I'm afraid that this whole arc is a "must miss" for me.