Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Just Read: The Savage Hawkman #4

I got my box from DCBS tonight, and of course I immediately got out my copy of The Savage Hawkman #4 to read!

Well, the first story arc is wrapped up in an action packed manner, which is not unexpected but still appreciated. We get some answers about Morphicius, but none about Dr. Kane, Waker, or Aksana. And one piece of information makes us even question who our hero really is. Tan's art generally looks fantastic although some of his battle shots look a little awkward (there's a panel with Aksana doing... something which I have yet to figure out, and at this point am willing to chalk up to her alien physiology). Daniel's writing is straight-forward and straight ahead, very bold and macho, and certainly not subtle. Upon first reading I am giving this issue a reserved thumbs up. I want to read the issue again and then the entire first arc once more.

More detailed review to come... right after I do one for #3!

No comments: