Friday, January 13, 2012

Rob Liefeld Joining The Savage Hawkman

According to The Source, Rob Liefeld is joining the team of The Savage Hawkman as a plotter starting with issue #9.

Liefeld will be plotting THE SAVAGE HAWKMAN, catapulting the story into the intergalactic arena and pitting the Thanagarian warrior against alien foes in extreme gladiatorial combat. HAWKMAN fans can look forward to a cosmic mystery with plenty of action.

Can honestly say I am not thrilled with this news. I didn't mind Liefeld's art on Hawk and Dove, but bringing in a new plotter four issues after bringing in a co-writer seems to stink of desperation. And when you consider that co-writer is another artist, and one who is not exactly known for being a solid writer, it seems that this may be a bad sign for The Savage Hawkman. I am digging the book as it is and I am not thrilled with changes like this coming down the pike.

We'll have to wait and see how this plays out, Hawkfans. Right now I am not optimistic.

1 comment:

The Irredeemable Shag said...

Well... at least I can drop Hawkman and Deathstroke now without feeling like I'm missing anything worthwhile.

The Irredeemable Shag