Thursday, September 9, 2010

Waiting In The Wings -- 09/09/2010

Well, there doesn't seem to be any new Hawkman or Hawkgirl stuff coming out this week, so let's take a look at some other DC stuff instead.

Adventure Comics #518 -- The lead story, dealing with Superboy and the Legion of Superheroes, isn't really my cup of tea.  I read the Legion for a spell when Supergirl was hanging out with them, when Tony Bedard was writing them, but they are just not my thing.  The backup, however, features longtime Hawkfriend Ray Palmer, The Atom!  I am not going to spend $3.99 for just the backup strip, so hopefully DC will collect Lemire's stories in a trade.  

Doom Patrol #14 -- I know I have raved about this book before, but it deserves repeating.  Giffen and Clark (along with the occasional help on art) have produced the team's best chance for a long-lasting series since the Morrison days.  And frankly, this stuff is a lot more accessable and enjoyable.  I never cared one lick about this team before this series, and now I just got done buying the first Showcase volume.

Justice League of America: Team History HC -- The first collection of James Robinson's JLA stories is here in hardcover.  I was among the minority of online fans who earnestly and honestly enjoyed Cry For Justice, so the only roadblock to my buying of Robinson's Justice League was the budget.  So I am definitely interested in checking out this volume.  Plus I hear that Atlas, whom I really dug in both "The Rise of Atlas" and "New Krypton," makes an appearance.

No comments: