Monday, June 15, 2009

Upcoming: DCUC Hawkgirl


One thing about Hawkman and Hawkgirl having been a couple for so long is that typically if you get one, you eventually get the other.  That's the case here with this DCUC Hawkgirl toy.  You will recall that I picked up the DCUC Hawkman figure a few months back (who, unfortunately, is still encased in his bubble because I keep putting off rearranging the shelf to fit him).  So I will certainly be on the look out for this classic, Silver Age style Hawkgirl to display with him once she is released.  I am not sure what kind of accessories she will come with, but judging from the mold of her fists, a spear might be a fair guess.

The rest of Wave 8, of which Hawkgirl is a part, contains other characters tangentially related to the Hawks.  Doctor Fate (both in his classic look as well as the modern version) was a fellow member of the Justice Society of America, and Commander Steel (who also is on my buy list even though I shouldn't spend the money) was a member of the All-Star Squadron.  Rounding out the group is classic Hawk-baddie Gentleman Ghost -- another one I am going to have to resist purchasing.  

You'd think that now that I am a father, I would buy toys for my son, but alas, it would seem that the more things change, the more they stay the same...

Image: DCUC Hawkgirl, retreived from DCUC.info.

1 comment:

The Irredeemable Shag said...

Every time I buy a new Hawkman/Hawkgirl figure, I can't help wondering if they've figured out a way for them to stand up without falling backwards. :)

And don't feel bad about buying toys for yourself. Eventually you'll buy toys for your kid. Believe me.

Thought you might enjoy this post:
http://onceuponageek.com/2008/06/11/and-so-begins-my-daughters-true-education/


The Irredeemable Shag