Monday, April 20, 2009

Acquired: Showcase Presents Hawkman Toy


My good friend Adama visited me this weekend, and he came bearing gifts: namely, this very cool Showcase Presents Hawkman figure by DC Direct.  

Based on the first Silver Age apperance of the Winged Wonder, the toy is based on the artwork of Joe Kubert.  Notice the chain-flail, used in the fight against Byth (and featured on the cover of The Brave & The Bold #34), as well as the complete lack of Honor Wings on the helmet.  Speaking of which, the helmet is removable.

I have not had a chance yet to open this toy up and get a better sense of it.  I do like the smooth lines and strong build of the figure, without making it bulky.  I need to clear some space on some shelves where I display my action figures, statues and whatnot for not only this one but also the DCUC Hawkman which I also still have not opened!  It's a shame as you get older that you don't have as much time to play with your toys, but thems the breaks.

Image: Showcase Presents Hawkman, 2008, image retrieved from DC Direct.

No comments: