Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Waiting In The Wings -- 1/27/2010


Can we expect to see any Hawk-related merch on the racks of our local comic shops this week?  Let's find out!

The Atom & Hawkman #46 -- Back from the dead!  Complete with it's crummy cover logo, The Atom & Hawkman makes a one-issue comeback as part of the Blackest Night skip month.  I have only gotten one of these issues (Weird Western Tales), so I am not really sure what to expect, but a showdown between Black Lantern Hawkman and new Indigo Tribe member Ray Palmer seems likely.  I don't know what the heck is going to happen after Blackest Night -- I'm terrible at these sort of predictions in the first place -- but I would really like to see some sort of return to normalcy for Ray, who has really been through the ringer since Identity Crisis.  Of course, I would prefer to see some normalcy for the Atom and Hawkman, not to mention Hawkgirl and Jean Loring, but I am not going to get my hopes up... if only so that when it doesn't come true I am not too disappointed.

Blackest Night #3 (2nd Printing) -- If you missed it the first time, now you can check out the Black Lantern Hawks in all their gory glory in this reprint.

Blackest Night: JSA #2 -- The Hawks were not present in the first issue, but they might show up here.  Honestly, they really should, considering the connection to the members of the original Society which have risen from the grave in this series.

Justice League: Cry For Justice #6 -- Both Hawkman and Hawkgirl have been featured as members of the League in this miniseries, and with the cliffhanger from last issue taking place on the JLA Satelite, I expect them to be part of this issue as well.  Also coming out this week is the first issue of the "new" JLA under Robinson, but since that takes place after Blackest Night, I don't think the Hawkfolks will crop up in there.

No comments: