Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Waiting In The Wings -- 8/5/2009


Any Hawkman or Hawkgirl related goodies this week at your local comic book shops?  Let's have a look!

Justice League: Cry For Justice #2 -- Both of our Winged Wonders popped up for cameos in the first issue, so they might make token appearances here.  The first issue was not bad, but finances are forcing me to put this one on hold for the time being.

Wednesday Comics #5 -- I have not had a chance to pick up #4 yet, so I am a week behind on my Hawkman strip, but after the installment in #3 I have confidence that Baker has the right approach, even if I personally don't like parts of his artisitc style.  I think that is an important aspect of criticism -- recognizing the good and the bad of something, an approach I try to take when looking at not only comics but film, books, and so forth.

No comments: