Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Acquired: Swag From Greenville Comic Con


From my adventures at the Greenville Comic Con this past weekend, I managed to find some nifty (and thrifty!) Hawkman treats to enjoy.  The Hawk doesn't have much presence in the back issue bins in the shops around here, so I am hoping to make a big run at it next year at HeroesCon.  Anyways, here's the goods.

Hawkman v.2:no.1 -- Continuing my trend of finding the first issue of a new series which spun out of a miniseries without finding the miniseries.  I have heard a lot of good things about the Shadow War so I am hoping this is good as well.

Hawkman Special -- This ties into the second ongoing, dealing with more fallout from the Shadow War.  Definitely looking forward to this one.

Action Comics #588 -- Believe it or not, this crossover with the Big Blue Boyscout takes place squarely inside the second volume of Hawkman's solo title, and, keeping with the trend, ties into the Shadow War plot.

Secret Origins #11 -- Featuring the Golden Age Hawkman and Power Girl.  I like that this one specifically calls out that it is the Golden Age Hawkman, because at the time of publishing (Feb 87), we were still in the grey area about the Thanagarian Hawkman.  Also, should be fun to read Power Girl's now out of continuity Atlantis origin.

Showcase #101 -- If I remember correctly, this is from when DC brought back Showcase for a little while in the late 70s.  In any event, this one features Adam Strange guest-starring with the Hawks and looks like a lot of fun.

Rann-Thanagar War TPB -- Well, I kept threatening to buy it, and I am glad I held off until now, since I picked it up for $5!  Woo!

A pretty good haul, I'd say!  And all of this for less than ten bucks, so it was a pretty good deal to boot.

1 comment:

Diabolu Frank said...

Sss-- don't read those Hawkman vol 2 issues without first picking up Shadow War. Well, maybe the stuff without Isabella, as I think the war ended without him.

Actually, wasn't the Special a recap of the first series and mini?

Never mind.