Monday, June 13, 2011

A Thanagarian Green Lantern Toy?

I was at Walmart the other day, and on a whim, decided to flip through the new Mattel Green Lantern toys.  Mostly, I was looking for a Larvox, since I have it on good authority that he is in the film, and he is a favorite mine from the days when I collected the DC Cosmic Teams trading cards.  While I was out of luck on that front, I did come across this reptilian looking guy, and read the back of his card.  

So needless to say I was surprised that this Isamot Kol was in fact a Thanagarian!

One quick trip to Wikipedia revealed that Isamot is a Lizarkon, and a veteran of the Rann-Thanagar War.  Which is odd to me, because a Lizarkon would most likely be a Downsider, and I don't know that we have ever seen Downsiders actually fighting in a Thanagarian military force, only Wingmen.  So who knows.  The character was introduced in Green Lantern Corps: Recharge and has been a minor character since.   But having a Thanagarian Green Lantern is such a novel thing for me, that I may go back and buy his toy.  

Can you imagine Hawkman with a Green Lantern ring?  Yeah, me neither.  With the way things went down at the end of Brightest Day I am thinking Red Lantern, personally.

Image: Isamot Kol toy, 2011, image retrieved from ToysRUs.com.

No comments: