Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Waiting In The Wings -- 7/8/2009


What kind of Hawk-related swag can we expect to find at the comic shop this week?  Let's take a look!

Green Lantern #43 -- The Prologue to Blackest Night.  I imagine this will function like that issue of Justice League of America did the week before Final Crisis.  Personally, I doubt that the Hawks will actually show up in this issue (save maybe a cameo), but I figure if this is the setup for the story which we have been told for months is going to sort out the Hawks' situation, then I want the whole story.

Wednesday Comics #1 -- DC's grand new experiment begins this week, and Hawkman is right there at the forefront.  I'm still not sure if I am going to buy this entire series -- it's an extra expense, for one thing, and I don't know that I will have the ability to really enjoy these right now with the home-life being dominated by our infant son.  But I want to support projects of this nature, as well as buying stuff with Hawkman in it.  Kyle Baker's art has not appealed to me in the previews (especially compared to Karl Kerschl's awesome work on The Flash and Iris West, as seen on The Source), but I am hoping on the page it is more to my liking.

No comments: