Thursday, March 26, 2009

Acquired: Rann-Thanagar War Special, Rann-Thanagar Holy War #1-4


Got these in the mail yesterday.  My brother was kind enough to order them from My Comic Shop Dot Com along with his last monthly Subservice order, so as to obtain free shipping!  Of course, he had to then ship them to me, but that's neither here nor there.  So now I can finally read the real end of Rann-Thanagar War, and re-read Rann-Thanagar Holy War, after Adama was so kind as to let me borrow his copies of 1-4 last month.

I did get a bonus of sorts with this set: a copy of Rann-Thanagar War #3.  Apparently when my brother ordered these, the first time MCS sent them out, they sent R-TW #3 instead of R-THW #3.  Not sure what to do with it since I have the collected edition, but hey, a bonus is a bonus, and at least it's got a cool cover!

4 comments:

Diabolu Frank said...

I love Lone Star Comics/MyComicShop.com, so score there. That's where I get most of my back issues these days.

Luke said...

I used them for my mail order subscription service when my "local" comic shop was a 40 mile round trip drive, and they always did right by me. I always like piggybacking back issue orders onto the subservice orders for free!

The Irredeemable Shag said...

If you enjoy those, try and find the Adam Strange mini-series that came just before Rann/Thanagar War. The Adam Strange mini-series was fantastic!

The Irredeemable Shag
http://onceuponageek.com
http://firestormfan.com
http://twitter.com/onceuponageek

Luke said...

Hear hear, Shag. Planet Heist, along with both volumes of Mystery In Space, are on my "looking for" list.