Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Convergence: Hawkman #2 Variant Cover by Chip Kidd

Keeping with the theme from the first month of Convergence, the second month's offerings also feature variant covers designed by Chip Kidd. including this alternate cover to Convergence: Hawkman #2.  

These covers are all essentially the same as the first set of variants, just with the color "wipe" on the opposite side of the cover.  I guess that makes sense, but honestly I was expecting something a little more creative -- maybe the "wipe" having covered the older version of the hero to be replaced with the current New 52 version?  Like reality was warping and the cover was changing?  I'm spit balling here, but that's just my opinion.  Still, the bold use of color on these covers does make them "pop," similar to how Marvel made a lot of their Civil War tie in books stand out on the shelves by using half covers with high contrast, two color symmetrical covers.

So what do you folks think?  Will you be seeking out the Chip Kidd covers for the Convergence tie-ins or sticking with the regularly solicited covers?

Image: Convergence: Hawkman #2 variant cover, 2015, Chip Kidd.  

1 comment:

ThanagarianHawk1987 said...

I gotta have both variant covers!!! I advanced ordered ish #1 last night. I'm just getting into comics and I find that I gravitate towards stories involving The Winged Warrior. AKA: Hawkman.