Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Waiting In The Wings -- 11/24/2009


Well, my wife, son and I are heading out of town for the holiday tonight, so you get the Hawk-related titles a day early this week.  Of course, I won't get to read them until next week at the earliest, but them's the breaks.

Blackest Night #5 -- No doubt that the reanimated corpses of Carter and Kendra will play a role in this comic, the first installment of the second half of Blackest Night.  I'm pretty sure Johns has some utterly evil stuff up his sleeve to spring on us all.

Green Lantern #48 -- I have not been following the tie-in titles to BN that I was not already reading, but I know in one of them we saw the Black Lanterns of Khufu and Chay-era, and they could show up here.

Justice League: Cry For Justice #5 -- The end of the last issue had Green Lantern and Green Arrow's little group running afoul of the Justice League, who for some reason at the beginning of this title had both Hawkman and Hawkgirl in it.  So hopefully we can see them all throw down with that lovely Cascioli artwork.

1 comment:

Brainy Pirate said...

Minor spoiler re: Cry for Justice:
.
.
.
.
.
.
What was weird for me in this issue was Hawkman's location in the last few pages. But the artwork is so confusing as to who's present where and when (and in this issue, those are major plot points) that I can't tell if that is significant or simply an example of bad artistic planning....