Monday, August 3, 2015

Report: Hawkman Cast For Arrow, The Flash

Per Newsarama, Variety is reporting that Falk Hentschel (who played Marc Scarlotti AKA Whiplash in one episode of Agents of SHIELD) has been cast as Carter Hall AKA Hawkman for appearances in the upcoming seasons of The CW's DC superhero dramas Arrow and The Flash, as part of a crossover which sets the stage for Legends Of Tomorrow, which of course, features Hawkgirl.  

I did enjoy Hentschel's turn as Whiplash over the fence on SHIELD, and hoped he would make a return in the role.  I think he definitely has the physicality for the part of Carter, but as he did not get much time to speak as the villainous HYDRA asset, I do not know how he will work out for the less-smashy scenes.  I am, unfortunately, not familiar with any of his roles beyond that one. Still, it is very cool that we are getting a new live action Hawkman and Hawkgirl, and I retain my high hopes for the new seasons of Arrow and The Flash, and am very much looking forward to Legends.

What about you?  Do you like this casting, or is this a bust?

No comments: