Thursday, November 8, 2012

Hawkman Families: Zauriel of Hawkworld

Sorry about last week, but we're back with more of Hawkman Families from NightwingTAS!

"Zauriel was assigned a new charge by the Presence, something he never knew existed."

Uh... huh.

Look, I like angels as much as the next guy (I do play White in Magic: The Gathering), but I nver bought Zauriel as a replacement for Hawkman.  And I buy him even less as a member of the extended Hawkfamily.  Add to that his very brief little write up, and really, there is nothing to go on here.  Moving on...

The Atom's Family: Ant @ Power of the Atom
Z'Onn Z'Orr: Matrix</a> @ <i>The Idol-Head of Diabolu</i></li>

Image: Zauriel, 2010, NightwingTAS.

2 comments:

Diabolu Frank said...

I never warmed to Zauriel either, but c'mon Luke, there's room in the roost for divinity, right?

Luke said...

I have no problem with divinity nor divine characters. But I don't think that the Hawks -- a legacy convoluted enough on their own -- needs to add their own take on a Serra Angel (3WW, 4/4 Angel, Flying, Vigilance) to the mix, and all the nuttiness that in and of itself entails.

Zauriel as an angelic hero is a great hook. I'd love to see it done right. And that is not in the scope of the Hawks, I don't think.