Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hawkman and Hawkgirl Cosplay At DragonCon

This past weekend in Atlanta was DragonCon, and as every year, DragonCon was filled with cosplayers.  Hawkman and Hawkgirl are not easy costumes to put together, but there's always a few who take the challenge, as we see here.  I got this particular image of Hawkman and Hawkgirl from io9.  

I think these two have put together a nice pair of costumes.  I like the Rags-esque lenses on Hawkman's helmet, along with the pouched belt which clearly identifies this as the Volume 4 era Hawkman.  Hawkgirl looks more like the Silver Age Shayera than Kendra, with her solid yellow top and no midriff.  But the belt and weapon suggest Kendra or the reborn Shiera, so I guess this is sort of a hybrid.  Also, I really like that she put the earrings in there!

My associate Shag has promised me that there will he has more Hawk cosplay pics from the show, so those will be coming soon!

Image: DragonCon 2011 Hawkman and Hakwgirl cosplayers, 2011, image retrieved from io9.

No comments: