Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiting In The Wings -- 08/17/2011

With the reboot looming, these lists get pretty thin each week.  Come to think of it, I imagine that for a while these lists will be pretty thin after the reboot, since I doubt Hawkman will be an in-demand guest star, and evidently will be playing only a minor role in Justice League. I may need to rethink this post.

Flashpoint: Wonder Woman And The Furies #3 -- As one of the titular Furies, Hawkgirl has a chance of appearing in this series.  Still no interest in this title, or any of the Flashpoint books for that matter.  I'm looking forward to the "New 52" if only because it means no more shipping lists bulging with Flashpoint books.

2 comments:

Juss said...

What exactly is the *point* of "Flashpoint," anyway? I gave up on Big Events long, long ago, so I don't really pay attention. But this one in particular seems to be about events in an alternate universe or an alternate timeline, happening to characters we'll never see again-- events which won't tie in largely, if at all, to the DCnU/New 52. I wonder why *anyone* is buying the Flashpoint books.

Luke said...

Joseph, you got me. I have seen some reviews here and there online about various minis, but as far as having the reading population excited and energized, I have not seen it. Especially compared to Blackest Night, which had people buzzing like crazy.

The only event I can really compare it to is House of M, and that one at least only lead in to a major shakeup ("No more mutants") rather than a complete universal reboot.