Saturday, August 27, 2011

Savage Hawkman Tidbit From Fan Expo '11

From Newsarma's recap of DC's "New 52" Panel

Tony Daniel showed off a new Savage Hawkman, someone able and very willing to use his brutal weaponry to deal with equally dangerous threats. He also said that he wanted to address niggling continuity concerns that have cropped up over the years, from reincarnation and Egyptian motifs (those are gone), to where he keeps his wings when he's not on crime-fighting duty.

This is a little confusing to me: which is gone? Reincarnation or Egyptian motifs? We'll have to wait and see at this point!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it sounds to me like both reincarnation AND Egyptian motifs are gone. Interesting. You know, Hawkman is going to be a little harder edged than some other characters. He's using ancient weaponry, and he isn't really super gentle with criminals. That's alright with me, but I'm not a huge fan of the hype-violence-for-hyper-violence-sake that seems to be becoming the norm (another return to the 90's, perhaps?). The lines about brutal weapons and the will to use them doesn't exactly fill me with hope that this series will be the one to break from the mold. I suppose it was silly of me to even hope, after all, it is called "Savage Hawkman."

Luke said...

Hawkman's been a cut more brutal than all of his compatriots since his modern revival; coupled with the title I think it is a safe bet that he is going to be dispatching his foes with pretty extreme prejudice. But as I said, we're on the home stretch now and soon, it would seem, questions shall begin to have answers.