Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Waiting In The Wings -- 11/03/2010

So, when everyone else besides me heads down to the LCS today, will they find anything new in the way of Hawk-related stuff?  Let's look and see!

Brightest Day #13 -- Between the cover and the preview (as we saw yesterday) this issue catches back up with Hawkman and Hawkgirl in Hawkworld.  Rumors abound on how the events of Brightest Day are going to somehow combine the Earth and Thanagarian Hawk-mythos into one.  Which isn't that far fetched when you consider that Carter Hall was reborn on Thanagar, in Katar Hol's body, and Volume 4 featured several Thanagarian elements.  Still, is there a logical way to mix the two?  Speculation abounds, although I think the revelation from Blackest Night (supported in Brightest Day) that life began on Earth (and ostensibly spread, including to Thanagar) may have something to do with it.  One I have concocted -- that Khufu and Chayera are not the trapped souls, that they themselves were reincarnated from older, Thanagarian lovers.  Does it work?  Who knows?  And who cares!  Right now I am just enjoying the ride!

3 comments:

The Irredeemable Shag said...

Luke - Just came back from the comic shop at lunch. I haven't read it yet, but looks like Brightest Day #13 is definitely your issue! Enjoy!

The Irredeemable Shag
http://firestormfan.com
http://onceuponageek.com

Saranga said...

will you be posting a review of BD 13? Will you include the splash pages of Hawkman? they were bloody amazing!

Luke said...

I will be posting a review of Brightest Day #13 -- as soon as I get a copy of it. I have switched over to buying my comics through an online mail order service, so I have to wait!