Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Waiting In The Wings -- 08/18/2010

New Hawkstuff?  You got it!

Brightest Day #8 -- Last issue we found out the missions of both Hawkman and Hawgirl -- both seemingly tied to the strange Hawkworld they find themselves trapped on after entering Hath-Set's portal.  I have heard some speculation that the "Queen" who must be stopped is Oliver Queen, and that Hawkman and Green Arrow are going to face off before this is over.  I suppose that is possible, given that Johns loves the feuding between those two, but I still think this will be a Hath-Set and his "queen" (as he told Shiera in #7) turn.  After all, it seems that the Martian Manhunter is going to be dealing with Green Arrow anyway.

I'd also like to say that the storyline which I had no interest in at all when this series launched -- Hawk & Dove -- really has my attention and my interest.  I think I am finally understanding the H&D dynamic and how that works in a superhero setting.  

No comments: