Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Waiting In The Wings -- 1/13/2010


Not much in the way of Hawk-related stuff in shops this week (despite several Blackest Night tie-ins, I don't think either the Hawks or the Lovers will pop up in them), so let's take a look at some other DC offerings and see what looks intriguing or entertaining.

Action Comics #885 -- I read the last issue of Superman, featuring the return of Mon-El in his new, Superman-inspired uniform, and it scratched an itch for me.  I really enjoyed how Robinson handled the young hero and am eager to see how that continues in this issue.

Batman: The Brave And The Bold TPB -- This is consistantly and effectively one of the most fun television shows I have ever seen, and this seems like the perfect jumping on point for the comic adaption.  Outrageous!

Flash vs Gorilla Grodd Mini-Statue -- Aww Yeah, Silver Age!  I won't be buying this, but man, that's a neat piece.

The Shield #5 -- Any comic which features a hero fighting giant Nazi robots in South America while fending off the national superhero team of China gets the nod in my book.

No comments: