Thursday, January 8, 2009

Acquired: Hawkman v.2:no.15


I picked this little beauty up yesterday at my LCS, Borderlands, while killing an hour waiting to pick my wife up from work.  It's from the latter portion of Hawkman's short-lived second volume, which lasted on 17 issues.  This series spun out of Tony Isabella's Shadow War Of Hawkman miniseries and initially followed up on the themes Isabella established, but this point he was off the title and evidently the writing was on the wall.  Still, Richard Howell's pencils look nice, evoking that psuedo mid-80s DC "house style" I like to ponder sometimes.

This series is hard to find in discount bins, so I think this year at HeroesCon I will have to spend a little more and hunt it down a little more.

Image: Hawkman v.2:no.15, 1987, Richard Howell.

1 comment:

Diabolu Frank said...

"...psuedo mid-80s DC 'house style...'"

Ugh. I know of what you speak. See also: Dwayne Turner on "Power of the Atom," Chris Marrinan on "Wonder Woman," Rick Hoberg on "Green Arrow," Greg Laroque on "Flash," M.D. Bright on "Green Lantern," Ed Barreto on "New Teen Titans," and Steve Erwin/Alex Saviuk/Jan Duursema/Ron Randall on anything. File under "Bored To Tears."