Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Waiting In The Wings -- 07/27/2011

Any Hawk-related goodies in the comic shops this week?  Let's find out!

Blackest Night: Rise of the Black Lanterns -- The Blackest Night issue of The Atom & Hawkman is collected in this volume, and Black Lantern Hawkman even makes the cover.  I only read two of the issues collected here -- the other one was Weird Western Tales, which, oddly enough, ended up being important if you were reading Outsiders -- so I don't know if it is worth picking up or not.  I know that the two I read I enjoyed.  The Atom story is a good pickup for Ray Palmer fans for sure.

Brightest Day Aftermath: The Search for Swamp Thing #2 -- Hawkman popped up on the cover to #1 but evidently did not play a role in the story, so who knows?  I am not really interested in Swamp Thing presently so I am holding off on this series.

DC Retroactive: Justice League of America: The 70s -- Well, Hawkman's on the cover and both Hawks were members of the League in the 70s (one earlier than another...), so I figure at least one of them should appear in either the new story or the reprint.  I am not getting this particular issue but in general I like this concept and am looking forward to reading the ones I did pick up, including the ones for Flash and Wonder Woman.

Flashpoint: Lois Lane and The Resistance #2 -- Hawkgirl being one of Wonder Woman's Furies means that she might appear in this issue -- another series I am not buying.  Still just not feeling Flashpoint, folks.

1 comment:

Brainy Pirate said...

The JLA 70s Retro was much better than the Wonder Woman one. And yes, Hawkman is in the new story; I think he was in the second as well, but since it was a JLA/JSA crossover, I can't recall for sure...