Friday, February 27, 2009

Hawkman Sketch -- Phil Hester


Our sketch this week is by Phil Hester, probably best known for his runs on Green Arrow and The Irredeemable Ant-Man. Here he adds another tiny hero in the form of the Atom, standing appropriately on Hawkman's shoulder. I like the "roughness" here; Hester's art has a quirkiness to it which suits some characters. Hawkman's helmet looks visually interesting here, and so I give my thumbs up. Just wish we could see what he would do with the full figure, including the musculature and the wings!

Disclaimer: I do not own or have possession of this sketch. It is being reposted from the cited website only.

Image: Hawkman and The Atom sketch, 2008, Phil Hester, retrieved from Comic Sketch Gallery.

3 comments:

Diabolu Frank said...

ATOM!

I miss the Tiny Titan blog...

Luke said...

Me too. I guess Dam is still off fighting in the tiny Amazon rain forest...

The Irredeemable Shag said...

Love this sketch! Besides being really cool and featuring some of my favorites, it was done by the man who defined the IRREDEEMABLE ANT-MAN's look. I gotta respect that. ;)

The Irredeemable Shag
http://firestormfan.com
http://onceuponageek.com