Monday, May 6, 2013

Just One Of The Guys: Way Of The Warrior Part 1!


One of the side effects of running this blog is that I have also gotten much more exposure to the world of comic book and other nerd-relating podcasting.  One such endeavor is Just One Of The Guys, a Green Lantern podcast focusing on Kyle Rayner and Guy Gardner, which is produced by my friend Shawn Engel.

Shawn was kind enough to offer me a guest spot on his show as he covered the "Way Of The Warrior" storyline, which crossed over from Guy Gardner: Warrior to Justice League America to Hawkman!  And of course that means I also got to talk about the Green Lantern issues as well!  So click right here and check out Shawn and I dishing it old school about some 90's DC comics!

(And if you have not been listing to Just One Of The Guys, shame on you!  It's a great show!)

4 comments:

Juss said...

Luke, I think you mean to say "listening" to "Just One of the Guys." We all already know how all tilty and warped you are; you don't have to come right out and tell us that we should be "listing," too.

Luke said...

Rassafraggin tablet keyboard...

Diabolu Frank said...

I’ve been spinning out my podcast listening from Fire & Water, previously the only one I ever bothered with. I thought you were set to turn up there for a double funeral on Savage Hawkman and Firestorm the Nuclear Men, but I guess you ended up doing this instead. I figured it might be fun to stroll down bad memory lane for a “Way of the Warrior” podcast, only to find you guys decided that stinky turd was worth something like six hours across three podcasts of my listening life. Damn, but you guys are lucky I’m on the road to accommodate at least some of this travesty.

Green Lantern #63
I’m not sure if I ever actually read “Parallax View”… I may have just thumbed through it. I never committed to Ron Marz’s Green Lantern run, but guest stars and events kept me coming back so often, I probably ended up with a quarter or more of it in my longboxes. Most of it was alright, but this one always struck me as pure stunt-- all sizzle and not a bite of steak. Also, in 1995 I was not following books for Martian Manhunter, but was most certainly doing so for Wonder Woman. Alas, no Diana, no dice.

Luke said...

Frank, my appearance on Just One of the Guys is in no related to F&W. Scheduling played a role in that more than anything else. And Shawn and I had discussed doing Way of the Warrior before the other books were cancelled, anyway.

Furthermore, I gave honest opinions about the books Shawn and I covered. When the books sucked, I said so. And when I liked a book I said so. I had never read the books before so I went in with a clean slate.

And really, complaining about the length of a podcast I guest starred on? Really, Frank? Really? Because I seem to recall a 4 hour monstrosity of a show recently with a guest star which became something of a test of endurance rather than a radio show...

That having been said, the GL issues were okay, but not enough that I work track down more. Guy Gardner was more what I would read, but even then it would have to be a good price.