Thursday, October 21, 2010

Walmart Exclusive DCUC Hawkgirl/Gentleman Ghost Set

Sweet merciful crap!  From Toy News International:

All new 2-packs of best-selling, previously-released DCUC figures available only at Walmart! Just like all other previous 2-packs, these packs contain figures and accessories only, not the Collect and Connect™ figure parts. Packs include Gentleman Ghost/Hawkgirl, and Superman/Parasite.

Considering that I have never seen Hawkgirl nor the Gentleman Ghost in person, and both command fairly large prices on eBay (much more than I am going to pay for an action figure), this two-pack is like from toy heaven.  It doesn't even look like they have been repainted either, just repackaged.  The name makes me smile as well -- "Fates Intertwined," indeed, if you remember the Gentleman Ghost story from early in Volume 4.

For what it's worth, I am really tempted by the Superman/Parasite set as well.  Parasite is a great mid-card Superfoe, and I don't have a modern Superman toy.  

I will definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for these two in the coming weeks!

Image: Walmart Exclusive DCUC "Fates Intertwined" set, 2010, image retrieved from Toy News International.

3 comments:

The Irredeemable Shag said...

That's friggin' cool! The two-pack also makes lots of sense! I love the connection they made with Gentleman Ghost in volume 4. The GG figure looks great too!

I'm totally jealous. I'd scream for a Firestorm 2-pack. They could pack Firestorm with ... well ... um ... Golden Pharaoh? Maybe they'd pack him with Blue Devil or Doctor Fate and call it the "Shag 2-Pack"!

The Irredeemable Shag
http://firestormfan.com
http://onceuponageek.com

Luke said...

A two-pack of Firestorm and Cyborg could be the "Galactic Guardians" or something along those lines!

There's been a bevy of cool Gentleman Ghost toys in the last few years... I'd really like the LRG one from Batman: The Brave & The Bold, for instance!

The Irredeemable Shag said...

Ooooo... How about a Firestorm/Shadow Thief two pack? I'm not sure if they've made a Shadow Thief figure for DCUC, but that would make a nice morbid combination.

The Irredeemable Shag
http://firestormfan.com
http://onceuponageek.com