Friday, September 17, 2010

Custom Hawkman vs Adam Strange

Stumbled across this custom build up quite by accident, while looking for a good image of Adam Strange to show my coworker who was on a conference call with a man named... Adam Strange.  Sometimes this stuff writes itself, folks.

Anyway, as a sometimes-modeller myself, I really liked this piece for the kitbashing elements of it.  The base is nothing overly complicated but it adds a lot to the finished look, and I really like the exhaust plume coming from Stange's jetpack.  The details are nice as well, such as Hawkman's Super Powers styled helmet and Silver Age chain mace.

All in all a very nice piece!

Image: Hawkman vs Adam Strange Custom, ????, "claytonemery."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Pretty cool. The Adam Strange half of it looks particularly nice.

I've actually got a kid in one of my classes whose name is Jonathon Strange, and every day I have to resist the urge to make Adam Strange references....

Luke said...

Makes me wonder if either your student or my coworkers' colleague have a brother named Stephen...

LissBirds said...

That's pretty cool! I love the cotton ball rocket exhaust!

Luke said...

@lissbirds: I KNOW RIGHT!

My brother and father are both figure modellers, much better than I am, so I am exposed to a lot of models and modelling techniques. But sometimes the simple stuff really is extremely effective.